Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible, you must be a resident of Iowa and a member of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation (IFBF). Not currently an IFBF member? No problem – signing up is easy. If you'd like to know more about your plan options before becoming a member, connect with an agent.
Who is most likely to benefit from this plan?
The plans can benefit many Iowans, but are best if one of the following applies to you:
- You're currently uninsured or self-employed.
- You're considering early retirement but aren't eligible for Medicare.
- Your current employer doesn't offer coverage or that coverage is too expensive.
- You can't afford coverage through your spouse's employer.
- You're currently enrolled in an ACA (Affordable Care Act) plan but are NOT getting subsidies to offset the cost.
- You're currently covered by a short-term plan, Christian Sharing Ministry program or other similar coverage.
- You're 26 years old and coming off a parent's coverage.
When can I enroll?
Unlike many other health plans available in the market, you can enroll in the Farm Bureau Health Plan any time of year.
How can I get a quote or enroll?
Contact your local agent or complete the contact form. In one visit, a local, licensed Farm Bureau Health Plan agent will understand your coverage needs, walk you through the available plans, help you select the one that's right for you and even provide an estimated premium cost. Find an agent here.
How much does this plan cost?
Each applicant is subject to underwriting. Almost all members are seeing significant savings over existing ACA plans and some are seeing savings of as much as 50% off current premiums.