The plans can benefit many Iowans, but are best if one of the following applies to you:
- You’re currently uninsured or self-employed.
- You’re considering early retirement but aren’t eligible for Medicare.
- You can’t afford coverage through your spouse’s employer.
- Your current employer doesn’t offer coverage or that coverage is too expensive.
- You’re currently enrolled in an ACA (Affordable Care Act) plan but are NOT getting subsidies to offset the cost.
- You’re currently covered by a short-term plan, Christian Sharing Ministry program or other similar coverage.
- You’re 26 years old and coming off a parent’s coverage.